Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend Snippets

 
Friday was a pretty chill night. Ian had plans to see an 11:00 showing of Iron Man 2, but I had no desire to see that movie and especially that late at night. So, we spent Friday night before he left making some delicious chicken on the grill and having some wonderful wine! We then drove around the lake where I used my new camera to capture some fun pictures! Ian later went to the movie, while I slept soundly! For those of you who are interested, Ian recommends the movie!
We got up early Saturday morning and headed down to the Lee's Summit Farmer's Market. I was so disappointed because they only had flowers and no produce...which means it was a wasted trip. We spent the remainder of the day tilling up the soil and planting our garden :) Can't wait to have some fresh food that I produced myself! Saturday evening we had a surprise party for Allison to celebrate her 30th! 
Sunday Ian and I slept in until 11:00. The funny thing is the night before Ian had said I feel like our days of sleeping in are over...guess not. We went grocery shopping and then headed out to spend the day with my mom. We went and helped her pick out and plant some new ferns. Ian and I came home and did some cleaning and then I returned to my normal Sunday evening routine. I usually spend the evening getting ready for the next week of school. I have had a student teacher the last 12 weeks so it has been quite a while since I have had to do school stuff on the weekends. Well, I am officially teaching again, so my school bag was dragged out and utilized. I am excited to start teaching again. I have missed it :)
Hope you had a great weekend too!! 
XOXO
Cara

No comments: