Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer Goals

I always have lots of plans for things I am going to do during the summer, but somehow I always end up sleeping and movie watching my time away. The summers bring out the laziness in me. I am prone to rarely leave the house, much less the couch. My head is always thinking "don't worry, you have all day tomorrow to do that". But, tomorrow comes and that same mantra enters my head. Next thing I know it is time to go back to school and I have gotten absolutely nothing accomplished. So A Beautiful Mess had this posted on their blog today and I am wondering if I did something like this if it would help me. If not at least it would look cute!!


Here are a few of my summer goals:

- Strip and paint the dresser in the guest room
- Decide on a color and paint the nightstands in our bedroom.
- Create unit plans for each of the reading strategies.
- Organize and back up all of my photos.
- Make a plan for my happiness project next year. (which is an amazing book by the way)

I know I will have several more things to add to the list, but this is a decent start. What are your summer goals?

2 comments:

Jillian Carter said...

I just spent the last two months laying on the couch watching tv and sleeping....it's a vicious unbreakable cycle!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just asked this on facebook, and Ian directed me to your site. Great goals. I've just begun my list, but here are my first two:
1. Read a book about economics.
2. Jump off of the top of the bridge into Lake San Louis.
Luckily, we still don't have a TV. This may be helpful in accomplishing goal one.

By the way, it was great to meet you at Matt's 30th b-day. I'll have to keep checking out your blog!

Kara