Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend Snippets

First, I somehow went the entire weekend without makeup. I am pretty sure I haven't done that since I was in middle school. And I must say, I can only do that once it is summery because my freckles have come out and make me look tan darker than I normally am. Well, this weekend was a busy one and one that made Ian and I feel old because it involved lots of home projects. Being an adult isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Friday night Ian and I went and ate at fun new bar in Waldo, called the Well. Unfortunately it was a bit too chilly to sit outside, but we did get to hang out outside later at the Brookside Art Festival. There were some amazing artists there. Al and I were talking and trying to figure out which type of art sells the best. I think it's photography, but I thought maybe it was just because I am most interested in that. We wrapped up Friday night with a few Blue Moons from Charlie Hoopers. Nothing like a fun night with friends!



Saturday I went to the nursery with my mom. This is a great place to take pictures because the colors are amazing. I have also just come to realize how happy flowers make me. And lucky for me I have the best mom in the world universe so she bought me some flowers that are now happily in my yard. She also came over and helped Ian and I continue part 2 of making the backyard jungle into a nice area. We ripped out an entire section of plants and are getting ready to plant our garden. And Saturday evening we finally broke out the grill with some steaks, twice baked potatoes, and sweet corn. Ian and I watched a few movies and went to get some Custards...mmmm it is so delicious. We were too tired to do anything else.

The cute little one-eyed frog we found


Sunday we repaid my mom by helping in her yard. We also went shopping. Here are my purchases from the thrift store, Forever 21, and some freebies from my mom's house :)

Hope you had a happy weekend!!! xoxo

No comments: