Sunday, February 22, 2009

Beautiful

So today at church we talked about beauty. We talked about how God's image is reflected in each of us and how everyone is beautiful. It was an amazing sermon but what was weird to me is how hard it is to take compliments from people. Part of our greeting this morning was to tell the people that we greeted that they were beautiful. First, I realized today how hard it is for me take a compliment. Ian is always telling me that I am too hard on myself and I realized that maybe I am. Someone simply telling me I was beautiful because they had been instructed to was hard for me to take. I didn't feel worthy of receiving that praise and it was weird. I didn't know how to accept it and that was awkward.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I can connect with that, but you really are beautiful.