Friday, January 16, 2009

Rent

I hate renting. This is something that I never had to experience before. I have always owned a house and now I am renting. I want to own something again. First, I hate the fact that other people have access to my house. I know they don't abuse it, but it still kind of freaks me out. Second, I hate that I can't make it my own. My idea of a cozy living environment is not white walls and that is what I am surrounded by....very institution-like. I mean come on, even my classroom isn't white. I also hate the fact that things aren't mine. If I spill something on the carpet I have to stress out about it because it is not my carpet and I will have to pay for it. Lastly, it sucks paying rent to nothing, at least when you own a house there is a light at the end of the 30 year tunnel. But, renting is strictly paying money with no chance to ever own anything. I understand that when Scott and I separated that my only option at the time was rent....but now I am so ready for my own place that I can decorate and make my own. I may be house hunting before too long, or at least I will keep my fingers crossed for it.

No comments: