Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Deadliest Catch

The Deadliest Catch is a show that Ian started watching, but I quickly got addicted to (what can I say, I am a sucker for reality TV). It is all about crab fishing, the deadliest job in the world. This show is amazing and I soon had a favorite emerge. I love, love, love Captain Phil Harris. I am thinking my love of him is that he reminds me of my dad. He has that same rough exterior with a wonderful heard inside. Well a few months ago Captain Harris passed away. Tonight is the new season and it is so hard for me to watch. I am sure Ian is making fun of me, but I keep tearing up. This episode was filmed before he passed away so he is on the show as I am watching. I can't imagine the show without him because my favorite parts involve him. I admire his dedication to his job and the people on his boat. I also admire his love for his kids. I wish I could have his ability to be himself and make no apologies for it. I know I could learn some things from this person who appears to be a little rough around the edges. I know I will miss seeing his face on each show and I won't watch a single show without thinking of him. As weird as it sounds, thanks for being an inspiration to me and I am sure many other people.

No comments: