Monday, March 29, 2010

I've missed you!

Well, it has been quite a while since I have posted, almost a year hiatus in fact. Ian and I are living together and engaged now and sitting home alone last night got me thinking. I have decided that I really am a social being. I like living with someone and I like the opportunity to socialize with people, and I love being around people. On the other hand, I also like that time to myself (could it be the only child in me coming out?). I think it took an experience I thought was negative to allow me to feel comfortable alone.

I am very glad that I got over a year to experience living by myself. I had always lived with someone...first it was my family, then my college roommates, then I got married. My divorce was the first time I was out on my own and it allowed me to learn a lot about myself. I think I grew more in the year I was forced to be alone, since there was no one else residing in my house. I learned a lot about who I am and I have realized that I do not need to apologize for that. I learned some negative things like I am messy and lazy, but I also learned that I am caring and a hard-worker ( to name a few). I had time to become comfortable in my own skin and for that I am thankful.

So as much as I love living with Ian, I do relish those quiet nights when I get to be home with just my own thoughts and Killian curled up at my feet keeping them warm.

No comments: