Sunday, December 14, 2008

Gingerbread House






I have always wanted to make a gingerbread house ever since I was a little kid. But, somehow it was one of those things that we just never got around to as a family and then something I never got around to as I became older.

Well one thing Ian is great at is letting me experience new things so when I told him about my secret desire to make a gingerbread house...he made it happen. We bought the kit that already has the pre-cut house, icing, and candy decorations. I figured alright this will be easy and will look awesome.

Yeah right....who ever knew that gingerbread houses were so freaking complicated to make. I mean seriously, the icing is really thick and does not come out like it looks on the box. Unless you have rock steady hands it is all wiggly and squiggly, not nice straight lines like it is supposed to be. And of course the icing gets hard after a few minutes so you can't even eat the thing.

All in all, I think Ian and I did the best we could with the gingerbread house making ability we have. I know it would make it on HGTV, but I think it turned out alright. And of course I can cross off something else on my list of things to do before I die.

No comments: